Pomegranate – the Symbol of Fertility
What is art? Nature concentrated.
Did you know….
- that Jewish tradition teaches that the pomegranate is a symbol of righteousness because its 613 seeds correspond with the 613 commandments of the Torah? However, the number of seeds in a pomegranate varies.
- that Pomegranate is one of the Seven Spices (shivat haminim), seven fruits and grains named in the Hebrew Bible as being native to Israel?
- that many scholars believe it was a pomegranate rather than an apple that tempted Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden?
- that in Greece it is traditional to break pomegranates on the ground at weddings and on New Year’s?
- that every October, the Pomegranate Festival is held in Goychay, Azerbaijan? The festival features pomegranate cuisine, dancing, and music.
- that pomegranate is one of the few foods (mushrooms are another) that contain natural aromatase inhibitors? This means that they inhibit the production of estrogen, which can reduce breast cancer risk.
- that since ancient times, pomegranates have been considered as a symbol of fertility? A glass of pomegranate juice boosts testosterone levels in both men and women. This property makes natural aphrodisiac that is great for your sex life.
- that apart from reducing the body’s internal oxidative stress, pomegranates also help lower psychological stress that you go through your personal and professional life?
- that Pomegranate can help prevent Parkinson’s disease along with Alzheimer’s?
- that a study showed that hydroalcoholic extract of pomegranate effectively lowered dental plaque formation due to microorganisms build up by almost 84% ?
Source: www.healthdiaries.com, www.thehealthsite.com
Let’s check some Pomegranate recipes!!!
Strawberry Pomegranate Sangria
1 lb strawberries, sliced plus more for garnish
arils (the seeds) from 1 pomegranate
2 (750ml) bottles red wine
2 cups pomegranate juice club soda, to taste
Place the sliced strawberries and arils in a large pitcher. Add wine
and pomegranate juice. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 6-24
hours. Taste; if you’d like it to be sweeter, add 1-2
Tablespoons granulated sugar, honey, or agave.
Pour the sangria with fruit into
glasses and add a splash of club
soda to each glass. Garnish with a
strawberry, if desired. Add ice to
your glasses of sangria.
TripleLayer Pomegranate Mousse Dessert (Gluten free)
2 cups (473ml) heavy cream
2 cups (250g) confectioner’s sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 ounces (340g) whipped cream cheese
4 ounces (113g) strawberry Jello powder
3/4 cup (177ml) boiling water
3/4 cup (177ml) cold
1 cup pomegranate seeds
For Top Jello Layer:
6 ounces (170g) strawberry Jello powder
1 cup (236ml) boiling water
1 cup (236ml) cold pomegranate juice
additional pomegranate seeds, for garnish
No Bake Pomegranate Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust:
1 1/2 cups of chocolate cookie crumbs
6 tbs melted unsalted butter
For the filling:
3 packs (8oz /226 grams each) cream cheese, at room
1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup of full fat heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
For the top layer:
1/2 cup Pom juice (or any pomegranate juice)
1 cup of any other red juice ( could be raspberry,cranberry,
grape or any mixed juice cocktail )
1 medium pack (3oz) raspberry flavoured jello
1 cup of pomegranate seeds